AVO – Operations planning and scheduling
Cross-functional cooperation and transparency
To consolidate and to streamline operations planning and scheduling through various departments is a key issue for grid operators as considerable potentials in efficiency can be raised here.
In particular, assets of the transport and distribution grids need to be switched off for revisions, modifications or recurring maintenance and checks. For security reasons the necessary decommissions needs careful planning and coordination with the process stakeholders (power generators, distribution system operators, industry, other TSOs).
SOPTIM Connect realized an IT solution for the operational planning of a German TSO. The system supports and automates all processes for effective planning and scheduling.
- All core processes are standardized and managed by a central system.
- The solution increases the efficiency of operations: The complex process of decommissioning is supported by workflows.
- Implicit dependencies of operations can be considered.
- Thus, user-friendliness and process reliability increase immensely.
- With the reporting functionalities, metrics and statistics can be compiled quickly and easily. Workload and availability of ressources can be monitored, disposition is optimised, and no measures will remain open.
- An extensive user-authorisation concept can model rights and responsibilities for each role involved in the process.
AVO is realised with a three-tier architecture and an intuitive user interface. In addition to ergonomic dialogues for capturing master data, the system is characterized by user-configurable interfaces to other applications (project management, purchasing ...).